Friday, September 9, 2011

Day 10

<p>&lt;p&gt;I wish it weren't 4am in America. I feel like calling home. I'm a little homsick this morning, and a little worried about how things will go in a couple days on 9/11. It will be hard to be away if anything happens, so I will just hope for the best.</p>
<p>In happier news, my cousin (technically my dad's cousin) has offered to have Hannah and I stay with us at her place outside London when we're in town and honestly the thought of a real house with non public bathrooms and actual family seems dreamy right now. I'm not sure how we'd get back and forth to the city but I'm sure we'll figure that all out. They have people staying with them through the weekend so we'll still head for the hostel first but then that will be a great get away.</p>
<p>We have to check out of here at noon, and then we'll wander the streets for a couple hours until we head for the airport where I hope it will go more smoothly than it did in Dublin. Its a short flight into London and then a train followed by a tube trip and a short walk to our hostel near St Paul's.
</p>

I don't know what we'll do tonight. Maybe walk along the river and see some sites. Tomorrow might be the tower of London. Or maybe the museum of London. It'll be the weekend so I'm guessing places will be crowded.

It will be sad to leave Edinburgh and Scotland behind. Its been great here. But I'll also be happy to move on to England and cities there. Of course then sunny Rome, and afterwards beloved home. We're a third of the way through the trip already. So far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment