Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 7

<p>We have 30 minutes still till we can go to our gate. There's plenty of wifi but its all for pay. Drag. Its been a harsh morning. Our hostel room last night was about the size of a jail cell and neither of us wanted to get up this morning. I tried to rush h along still we missed our bus by about a minute. We waited about 20 minutes for the next one. We got here a little more than 3 hours til our flight which is what they say for an international flight, but when the flight itself if only an hour long it seems like a really long time to wait.

We had some trouble with security here. They unpacked Hannah's entire suitcase because we had a pair of scissors that were 1 cm too long. Seriously. And in the rush to repack the entire thing I thought I lost my precious tablet. Then it took me so long checking with the lost and found h kind of freaked as was really upset by the time I made it back to her. Of course I found the tablet in my bag right where it was supposed to be and felt like a nut job for freaking about it. Travel days are my least favorite for sure.

You know we packed really light. A carry on each. That meant I had two long slleved shirts for the 3 weeks of cold weather. And already I left one (my favorite of course) behind on the aran islands. Geez. I'm doubtful I'll find something else and don't really want to spend any time clothes shopping. It seems like were always rushing and out of time and not sleeping enough the way it is. Maybe when were in London and have a little more time. I wish there were better shops here at the airport where we have plenty of time to kill but there are only fancy shopd s for skinny posh girls. And Irish t-shirts of course.

So I wish I could post some pictures. Again maybe in London. I think were there for 6 days maybe. Edinburgh is only 4 days/3 nights. The western part of Ireland was so beautiful. We saw ancient ruins and tiny cottages and the sea. We went on a big climb to a 3000 year old Celtic fort on the edge of the cliffs that was incredible. We saw the cliffs of moher (aka the cliffs if insanity in the princess bride) and some 4000+ burial sites (maybe my favorite bit). And plenty of other fascinating bits as well. I hope I can type about them soon.

Ten minutes till the gates supposed to open. Yesterday was a super boring travel day and today is turning out to be the same. I hope Edinburgh is great and we love Scotland but you know I'm anxious to get to England and Rome. Hopefully I'll get to post this and maybe some photos from our hostel tonight. Wait and see I guess. You people are not texting me enough though. Or emailing or whatever. So get on that.

Xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment