Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 25

It is the last real day of the trip. We leave the hotel at 6am tomorrow. I keep thinking of a line from one of my favorite movies, Withnail and I. "We've gone on holiday by mistake..." We're not doing much today. Its 11am and we're still in the hotel. Hannah is writing post cards. I'm trying to be patient. My feet hurt too much to want to walk around any more, but I'm also restless with all of Rome waiting outside my doorstep.

My tablet has been weird about charging since we've been here. I realized today I think it was the outlet I was usuning. It seems to be a lot better since I've changed it. But that's partially why updates have been scarce and I'm so far behind in posting pictures.

So tomorrow is flying all day. It's something like a 3 hour flight to Amsterdam, a 9 hour flight to Minneapolis, and then a 3 hour flight to KC. I'm trying not to stress about it but travel days always worry me a bit. Catching things on time and all that. But I'm checking my bag tomorrow so that will make everything easier. And we have an hour and a half between each flight which should be enough time to make the change. I hope. I'm choosing to believe it will all go smoothly and i will be in my house with both my dogs well before bedtime tomorrow night.

When the girl finishes her post cards we are heading out. She's going to bottle a little bit if the water from Trevi fountain for a friend of hers and i think I'll get some for my mom. I don't even remember where else we were going to walk, but it seems like we had some ideas. We haven't visited any churches or museums here, but I think we've seen all the good stuff. I wish we were going back to the forum but it costs so i kind of doubt we are. But who knows. We'll see.

I wish I had some email from home, but there's been plenty little of that. I don't think home gets how hard it is to be away for so long or how much little messages help.

I'm going to go do some stuff to help Hannah along.
See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment