Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Previously... 69 days

69 days

Here are some updates.

This morning, I booked our tour with Viatour for the “Wild Wicklow and Glendalough” day trip from Dublin. I think it sounds fantastic and beyond beautiful. At the website they have photos tour goers have taken and they are stunning and breathtaking. We do that the first full day of our grand adventure.

Last week I bought a tablet to take on the trip - the Acer Iconia a500. It’s a 10 inch tablet running Android. I didn’t want to take my MacBook because it’s too big and heavy, but I didn’t want to just use the phone because it’s too small. I’ve been making a set of webpages to serve as our guide. I’ll keep all our important documents on it just in case. There are lots of travel apps, maps, audio guides on it as well as my Rick Steves travel guides and books to read for fun. And movies to watch on planes and trains. And a way to stay in touch with people back home.

The one thing that doesn’t work is Tumblr. !! Which is very unfortunate because I started this tumblr to document our trip. So I’m not sure what I’m going to do about that. I liked this because it’s so easy to update, but now I’m wondering if I need to start a blog somewhere else, either at a blog spot like wordpress or at a blog site made especially for travel blogs. I need to decide pretty soon, but as of now I have no idea.

So now I have all our plane tickets, almost all of our lodgings (still need a place in Galway!), our Mad Max day trip and now this Wild Wicklow trip. The Hairy Coo tour we want to take from Edinburgh isn’t taking resevations for September yet but I’ll do that soon. I guess my next step is to get on to that Galway lodging bit.

69 days. A little more than 2 months. Crazy. I am equally Can’t Wait! and Oh my goodness, that’s so soon!! If I move this I’ll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment