Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Previously...

Can Not Wait.

One reason I made this tumblr is to say stuff like what I’m about to say. Stuff that would seriously annoy my regular life people who don’t care about travel, and somewhat annoy the ones who do but are tired of hearing me talk about it.

I Can Not Believe I Am Going to the Magical British Isles in 4 Months. Something Like 160 days. !!! I love them so much.

I haven’t been to all of them, but I’ve always known I’d love them. Since my trip to Europe 4 years ago I’ve known for sure that I love my beloved England. Right now I’m so thrilled about Ireland I know I will love it. I was in grade school when I started fantasizing about Ireland and obsessively reading Irish folk tales. I shopped at the Irish import store and had a subscription to Ireland of the Welcomes magazine. I know the least about Scotland but it looks so beautiful and the people sound so fun I can’t imagine not loving it as well.

So yeah. I am Excited. Excited! I tell you.
I am going to see coastlines and maybe a waterfall and streams and hills and mountains and cliffs and ancient things that people built thousands of years ago. And I am going to spend the night on an Aran Island and listen to the same wind that people listened to as they slept on the island thousands of years ago.
I’m also going to see Castles and beautiful buildings that are hundreds of years old. I’m going to see where history went down. I am going to feel the vibe.
And I’m going to the big city of London. So much to love there. More of history and beautiful old architecture. Plus the vibe of a big city. Walking along the lake. Free museums. Soaking up the … London.
That’s not even mentioning going to Bath, and taking the Mad Max tour to Stonehenge and Avebury. Or going to visit Jen’s friends and family in Chichester. Or if Hannah really does decide she can stand going to Rome (and if we can afford it).

I am just swoony with excitement. I want to go, right now. I am ready. Well, I’m not ready practically, but in my head and in my heart I can barely wait another minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment