Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Previously... 3.4.11

3.4.11 The Grandpa Trip
The Grandpa Trip

It’s been a while, so I thought I’d catch you all up on our trip plans.
We had a mini crisis for a while when Hannah decided she just wasn’t interested in Europe and didn’t want to go. It’s true she’s not really not so interested in Europe or European history. She pointed out that I dreamed of going to Europe since I was a girl but she never really did. She dreams of going to Japan. And one thing I’ve always strived for as a mom is to not push my dreams on her. So I said ok.

I still wanted to take her on a trip though, as a graduation present. We talked about going back to “our” resort on the beach in Mexico. We half planned a fantastic trip to NYC, around Philly, PA and Washington DC, seeing fantastic things and many friends along the way. I was getting kind of excited about both of them.

But then Hannah had a talk with my best friend Debra. And Hannah remembered how uninterested she was in NYC before we got there and how much she was wildly in love with it after we were there. And she remembered how sick she was of me talking about Disney World before we went. She didn’t want to even hear the word Disney ever again. And then she had such a great fun time there. And so she decided, this time for real and permanent, that we’re going to Europe. The Magic Islands to be more precise.

We are taking a look at the itinerary though. We’re thinking of adding Dingle, Ireland and cutting out Glastonbury, England (even though is the most holy, sacred place I’ve ever been to).

I’m glad things have resolved pleasantly, but it was a stressful couple weeks. I’m still excited to go. Plus I got good financing news so I’m a lot less stressed about the whole thing. However it puts more stuff in the air because we no longer have to wait till September to go. Should we change our dates? Who can say. H and I still have talking to do about where, for sure, we’re going to go. I also have some shopping to do. I need a cardigan, and travel skirt, a bag and a nice waterproof jacket. Oh, and a nice android tablet, but that will wait till around my birthday. I don’t even know what all Hannah needs but it’s more than I do.

So there’s my story about our upcoming trip. It’s getting wildly close. !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment